Discover new music- Musicovery ~ a site a day

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Discover new music- Musicovery

for the people in a hurry-

Today's awesome site- Musicovery. A radio site which streams music according to the mood you set.

for the people with time-

I have some favourite bands, but they sometimes really don't match the my mood. It probably happens for all of us. Musicovery is an awesome radio site, on which using an analog interface you can decide the kind of music you want to hear.


The console has got 4 extremes- Calm, energetic, dark and positive. And then you can decide between mood or dance kind of music. So you then click on a point which best suits you( see picture below). Well too subjective for you? For people not like me, you've got the conventional categories of music like rap, classic rock, pop, soul, etc. And for more, you should really check it out yourself, because its awesome! Its also awesome for students on hostel lan, because if I can stream music on musicovery without much problems, then it'll probably work well even in the deep amazon forests.

I think the more popular music radio is probably Pandora. And I think even Liveplasma's radio is pretty popular, but Musicovery not only has better features and better songs lined up, it also doesn't require any registration. And the fact that it gets loaded in a jiffy, makes it really attractive for people who have an access to slower net speeds, like me. I'm loving it! And so are most of my friends!

The screenshot below shows the funky plant vines of sorts that come out and have songs arranged on them.


Now for the geeks who want more information on Musicovery-
Musicovery's been developed by
Frederic Vavrille. He also had made liveplasma(bless him for both!). And yeah for bloggers, this is really not for you if you want to embed it on your blog, because you can't do so. You can probably look at Pandora.

links-

  • Think Frederic Vaverille is God? Tell that to frederic.vaverille@liveplasma.com
  • More on musicovery- Visualcomplexity
  • Why Pandora?- Read O'reilly on Pandora.

----------------
last word

What can you use?

Use Musicovery to discover new music.
Use Pandora if you are want an account which'll remember your preferences.
Use Musicovery if you are too lazy to login for a radio service.


happy discovering!

abhishek


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you

Fred from musicovery

Abhishek said...

Heck! Y is everybody thanking me? I'm not doing anybody a favour. I want people to read my blog because of its goodness and not because I'm biased towards services I use! I use some sites because they are good and want others to use them as well.

Abhishek said...

re: fred. No problems dude, musicovery is too good. Its a boon in BITS-Pilani!

tv243.com said...

I used to go to last.fm and pandora
but they aren't free anymore
i love http://www.tv243.com

active meter